Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of Kindergarten




Braeden was so excited to get up this morning. He kept saying-"I'm gonna miss you mommy- but i'll be back, it's ok." We had pancakes with whip cream and the kids watched the clock-"let's go early!" We have to wait for the doors to open first honey.
Time to go and mom takes out the camera., My boys are not the take a picture of me type, so I have to get it in fast. On our bikes and scooter and off we go. I could barely keep up with Braeden. I jokingly said" Well, I guess he doesn't have seperation anxiety."
We are met at the front by the principal and she says, ok Allison, no crying. I won't ( at least that is what I keep telling myself)
Braeden does his goofy face while I am taking his picture with his teacher. He then has a goal to find a red crayon for his picture they are coloring. He's ok- time to go. I am doing alright at this point and kiss him goodbye. I leave the classroom and hide where he cannot see me. He has put down his crayon and looks down at his drawintg. I see him rub his eyes and I know what that means. He is trying to keep the tears in.
I try to get the attention of the teacher to say- Hey- look, my little boy needs a hug. But she is busy. It is all I can do to hold myself back from running in there and scooping him up.
I run away and take deep breaths down the hall so I do not let the flood gates open. Still taking deep breathes a block away, 2 ,3. I turn the corner to my house and the pools in my eyes are overflowing. A new journey for both of us. I come inside to a quiet house. I cannot decide if I like the silence- Only 8 more hours and my sweet little baby will be home again.

4 comments:

Lelani said...

:-( so hard .... let's do lunch sometime.

Angie said...

It was so nice to be able to tell Parker that Braeden was in kindergaren this year too. Parker felt better about doing it again.

Brooke said...

What a sweet boy!

The Bowman Bunch said...

Hang in there! I still cry every year. I imagine that next year when Tanner goes full time I will be in hysterics :0) Glad they had a great morning!