Monday, February 8, 2010

A date with a monster!




Date with a monster! While I was off to see Beauty and the Beast, my boys were at the Monster Truck Jam. Although I would have LOVED to see giagantic, extremely loud, part flying, flipping all over the place, dirt everywhere, trucks. I opted to see the play Beauty and the Beast. Did my mind wander during the play wishing I was with my boys, having some good family fun? Um, No. Ok, a girl needs girl things every once in a while. I mean, do you think that my boys were thinking, oh... I wish I could see Belle sing along with furniture?! I am glad that I can recruit others like me who take in the arts. Now, my boys would beg to differ. They would think that a truck splayed out after a good spill, is art. They do however, accompany me with much bribery to my girly events every once in a while and I appreciate that. I tell them, look- I am preparing you for marriage. I mean you are going to have to learn while you are young to build up your tolerance for girl things. Your wife will want you to go shopping, see chick flicks, go to girly places. I am just doing you a favor. Your wife will thank me one day. right?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

And they will appreciate the girly moments a bit more because of it...

=-)