Sunday, August 24, 2008

Childhood memories

Today, I’m thinking about memories....we all have times in our lives when we feel particularly inclined to reflect on our past and remember people, places, and events. I was at my childhood home recently and took a good look at some of my favorite things. I decided to take some pictures of things that sparked these memories . If I could record the sights and sounds of my childhood you would hear the laughter of music, Children playing . As I go through my house, I look around. There are memories everywhere. If these walls could talk, they would speak of the music on Sunday, the sound of rain on the fan in the bathroom, Little noises of a busy mom in the kitchen. The whoosh of the heater as it starts its morning from the cold outdoors. It would hear little whispers of sisters talking from room to room trying to not bring the attention of their parents. The melodies from the piano whose keys were touched by those seeking joy, retreat, comfort. These I carry in my head from years gone past. Perhaps some of the best pictures are seen with the eyes closed and the heart open.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

this is so beautiful, allison. you and i had lots of discussions about your lovely home as a child and all the happy times you had there. i loved to hear you talk about your dad at the piano. you're amazing, love you!

lbderrick said...

I remember a little blonde girl leaving for her first day at school, backpack full and not at all nervous about the big world out there. You have always been strong in the face of adventure.