Monday, August 25, 2008

3rd grade

Hushed, I sneek upstairs not to wake Braeden. I sat on Devins bed a while and looked at him sleeping. He has grown up so much. Do I wake him or just keep him here with me forever? A touch on his arm, "mom, is it time!?" He is so excited he jumps out of bed and races to his clothes. He is so excited he wants to skip breakfast and go straight to school. Got your backpack? your waterbottle? -"What pictures again!"- Hand in hand we walk down the street. He is still not to old and I am grateful. He is talking about homework and recess and the discoveries about his classroom. He misses school. He loves to learn. To the school door and I make him stop for another photo. Really I am stalling so I can see him one more time before he makes his journey through the third grade. In he goes, smiling. Off I go smiling too. I am so blessed with this little boy God has entrusted to me.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Leslie said...

whoa, third grade is old! so weird that devin's already there!

The Bowman Bunch said...

As I sit here tearing up....I cried as I put Isaac on the bus yesterday. I do every year. First days of school stink! Let me know if you figure out how to keep them this sweet and young forever...I am in!

Angie said...

I don't think I have ever been able to sit and look at my children sleeping, they are waking me up every morning.(:

Pam said...

I thought of Devin as that boy played the accompaniment on Sunday for that missionary farewell.