Monday, January 12, 2009

snow day!!!

Every year our community brings in loads of snow for all of those in Texas that never get to play in it. This is Devin sledding down the hill. What you don't see in this picture is the line to get to that point. It goes all of the way down the back side. Most of the parents waited in line while their kids ran and made snowballs and then came to pelt them. The kids had so much fun. Who knew that so many people had sleds on hand. I did see a lot of boogie boards and water sport "sleds" though. There were a TON of people there. I remember last year they actually postponed the snow day due to cold weather. I wish I had a picture of the sign. I laughed forever about that. It was pretty chilly this year which made it seem like winter for a day. Braeden could not get enough of the snowball fights. I actually had to carry him kicking and screaming to the car. He could have stayed there all day.

I had to take a picture of this for all of those up north. This is a sign at our park. We have an alligator down the street from us that we visit regularly by the school. I will make it my mission to take a photo of him this week.




1 comment:

Angie said...

I completely forgot about snow day. I won't show my kids these pics, they would be so sad that we missed it. I'm glad you had a good time.