Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My thoughts on Ike

We are one of the very few who have a pockets of power in our neighborhood. Some have turned off again so I am going to post while I can. I thought of posting the pictures I took but then I decided you have probably seen your share of photos. I decided to list the things I liked and disliked about Ike.
My best moments of Ike
Holding my boys at night. Prayer. The quiet after the storm. Sitting on my porch and watching the children play games from my childhood. Knowing that if I lost everything except my family I would be ok. cuddling. having my hubby home from work. no conference calls. Good neighbors who pull together. Grilling. My church family. Inspired order. Loved ones voices of concern. text messaging. A breeze. deodorant. cool showers. air conditioned cars. Generator and gas. not being a pioneer in Texas. a stocked pantry. family within 1 tank of gas. insurance. spending time just looking at the sky. family. The sound of the Popsicle truck. laughing.
Things I didn't like:
Seeing my children worry. Incredibly loud wind. The unknown. opening the door to see the damage. No communication. broken generator. sleepless nights. The HEAT! sweat. humidity. no power. the heat! throwing away contents of 2 refrig and freezers. Bad news. Finding drenched squirrels clutched to the ground. debris. no flush mandate. Full to capacity sewers. Mosquitoes. fallen trees. holes in roofs. Seeing others pain. deductibles. long gas lines. not knowing when this all will end.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I am glad you are well. I hope you guys have power back. We are still waiting.

Lelani said...

I loved this post!!!!

Anonymous said...

The Lord does give blessings during our time of adversity. We love you! Keep up the good work!