Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PMS



I am sitting here at my machine eating a giant pickle my brother from New York mailed me and a nest of crinkled dove wrappers on the desk. I noticed that my last blog had a twinge of pms in it. For all of you who experienced my "mood" yesterday, sorry, it was the lovely PMS. Now sometimes this "thing" just creeps up on me and whispers in my ear, "go to the refrigerator", "Curl up in a blanket and hide". Yesterdays little friend just took me for a ride. Don't you hate it when feel you have no control? I tell my hubby, its the day, and he instantly knows to back away slowly and reminds the kids its a lets make mom happy day and takes them out to Burger King. I did show some motherly love to my little buddy who beggged me to take him on a long bike ride. I thought the air would make me feel better. But I have to say that I never crunched over so many bumpy acorns in my life. "Isn't this fun mommy?" my little 4 year old speed demon would call back to me? "Yes, Sweetie, --chug chug---huff huff--but lets not do that hill a fifth time again ok?" I am back home, with hot pad and hubby making dinner. I guess there are perks to this nightmare they call the "visitor".

2 comments:

Leslie said...

you're hilarious. and i LOVE that cartoon. so funny. thanks for the laugh, i'm on the same train this week. bleh.

Mindy said...

I totally am the same way. I was just reading your previous post and I can relate. It's hard for me to stay behind with the kids when I would love to be mowing someones' lawn, starting up a chain saw, etc. I'm just awestruck by all the service that there is for all to do. Wow, sacrament in jeans...different! hang in there. it's nice your kids see your service, too!